Scroll down to use the Interactive Map to explore Condo Buildings.
Select an Area
Area Information for Downtown Miami, Florida
Downtown Miami is both an urban residential neighborhood as well as the central business district for the county.¬†
Considered one of the fastest-growing areas in Miami, Downtown Miami touts great historical, cultural, financial and commercial significance in the greater South Florida area.
Many historians consider Downtown Miami to be the oldest settled area of Miami, alongside Coconut Grove.¬†
Evidence of pioneer settlements dates back to the early 1800s, with urban development picking up in the 1890s.
As of 2009, more than 71,000 year-round residents lived in Downtown Miami.¬† This area can be further broken down by several unique neighborhoods that comprise Downtown Miami:
- Central Business District, bound by NE 6th St to the north, Biscayne Bay to the east, the Miami River to the west and south.
- Brickell, south of the Miami River
- Omni, which borders Biscayne Bay the east, NE 2nd Ave to the west, NE 21st St to the north and I-395 to the south
- Park West, located just west of Bicentennial Park, east of NW 1st Ave, south of I-195, and north of NE 6th St.
The most recent population numbers signals significant growth in Downtown Miami, especially considering that just 40,000 residents lived there in 2000.
Like the rest of Miami-Dade County, Downtown Miami has an excellent public transportation system, which includes Miami Metrorail, Downtown Metromover, and more.
Education in Downtown Miami
Downtown Miami residents are zoned for the Miami-Dade County Public Schools district, which includes such quality schools as:
- Downtown Miami Charter School
- Southside Elementary School
- Ada Merritt K-8 School
- Frederick R Douglass Elementary School
- Riverside Elementary School
- Miami Children's Museum School
- Bridgepoint Academy of Greater Miami
- Booker T. Washington High School
- Law Enforcement Officers Memorial High School, a magnet school
- New World School of the Arts, an arts magnet school
In addition, there are also a number of private schools in the area, including:
- First Presbyterian International Christian School
- Gordon Day School
- Prima Casa Montessori School
Residents seeking higher education will be happy to learn that there are a number of colleges and universities in and around the Downtown Miami area, such as:
- Miami Dade College¬†
- Florida International University¬†
- Miami International University of Art & Design
- Miami Culinary Institute
Plenty to Do and See in Downtown Miami
Given what an important community Downtown Miami is to the great South Florida area, it should come as no surprise that this section of town boasts a great number of recreational amenities.
One of the most popular attractions is the American Airlines Arena.¬† Residents visit the arena to enjoy a number of high-profile concerts each year.¬† Plus, the arena is home to basketball talents Dwayne Wade and Lebron James, and all of the other players for the Miami Heat.
For a fun and educational day trip with the family, I recommend you check out the Downtown Miami Historic District.¬† This section of town features more than 60 buildings dating from 1896 to 1939.
There‚Äôs also a great number of municipal parks in the area, including Bayfront Park, Bicentennial Park and Pace Park.
Here are some other recreational amenities you and your family might enjoy as residents of Downtown Miami:
- Shopping and dining in Little Havana
- Miami Jewelry District
- Miami Art Museum
- Gusman Center for the Performing Arts
- Historical Museum of Southern Florida
- Miami Children's Museum
- Lummus Park Historic District
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
- Miami City Ballet
- Miami Wind Symphony
Plus, Downtown Miami and the surrounding area host a number of popular festivals each year, including:
- DWNTWN Concert Series
- New Year's Big Orange Drop
- Miami Marathon
- Ultra Music Festival
- Miami International Film Festival
- Winter Music Conference
- Miami Book Fair International,
- Miami International Boat Show
Your Downtown Miami Real Estate Experts
Downtown Miami is a distinctive part of the city that contributes a great deal to South Florida‚Äôs cultural, commercial, business and residential sectors.
We‚Äôll be happy to make navigating the South Florida real estate market even easier for you and your family by giving you such helpful home buying tools as our mortgage calculator and FREE South Florida home search feature.